PDA

View Full Version : One Fan's Opinion: 11/10/2006

pmpknface
11-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Another great article. Erik must be up to his eyeballs in the reprinting business, as we've gotten a bunch of OFO's (One Fan's Opinion's) on reprinting lately. But I thought the last paragraph summed it up nicely:

I guess, at the end of the day, it depends on what you're trying to do. If you're trying to make the experience identical to reading the original comics - you do one thing - if you want to transform the work into something else - you do something else. And the fan with his or her money in his or her hand can spend it in whatever way they choose.

As long as you, as a consumer, know what you're buying before you get it I think it's all fair game. If you're enough of a fanboy to know that you don't want your reprints "remastered" or whatever a publisher wants to call it, then you probablly already OWN the 1st printings. Read those.

To me, ignorance is bliss. I read the Steranko SHIELD tpb and dug the hell out of it! They even put the 1st 4-pg spread in on 1 piece of paper! Back in the day (and the caption on 1 page confirms this) you would have had to buy 2 copies to see it all at once! I didn't know how the colors differed.

But it made me a HUGE Steranko fan and now I have every stinkin' issue.

Talk amongst yourselves... ;)