PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Batsuit

Predator117
11-03-2006, 03:12 PM
which Batsuit was yalls favorite??

for me, i cant decide between the batsuit off Batman Returns(even though it was rubber, it looked very cool IMO) the second Batsuit Batman wears in Batman 89 when he saves Vicky Vale or the Nomex survival suit off Batman Begins.

Predator117
11-03-2006, 04:33 PM
i would probably say my fave is the Batman Begins suit. i just wish Christain Bale would slim down some tho and maybe gain more muscle tone and it would look better. cuz IMO, Bale made it look a little too puffy.

MaxofSteel
11-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Yea I prefer the BBegins suit too. My only gripe was that it still suffered from the "frozen neck" syndrome of previous iterations. But I guess it can't be helped.

Frankie Dennis
11-03-2006, 07:27 PM
1. The Begins suit
2. The 89 suit
3. West's suit.

The Foreigner
11-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Yea I prefer the BBegins suit too. My only gripe was that it still suffered from the "frozen neck" syndrome of previous iterations. But I guess it can't be helped.

I'm always confused by this comment. One of the main design aspects of the new suit that Nolan wanted was Batman being able to turn his neck, which he does so.

Anyhoo, I'd definiately say the Begins suit.

shadow of a madman
11-03-2006, 09:07 PM
I wasn't too hot on the Begins suit.The cape kinda hangs there behind his shoulders,looking kinda limp.I don't like how the ears curve and make his whole head seem round,the mouth-hole is too small,and I miss the yellow and black symbol.There's too many round/curved parts,not enough straight edges.

The '89 suit is my fave,I love how the cape is attached so that when his arms are at his sides,it wraps around him.Less cape,more shroud.

Buried Alien
11-03-2006, 09:21 PM
The classic Bronze Age blue and grey with yellow oval, especially as rendered by the late, great Jim Aparo.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

Predator117
11-03-2006, 10:04 PM
I wasn't too hot on the Begins suit.The cape kinda hangs there behind his shoulders,looking kinda limp.I don't like how the ears curve and make his whole head seem round,the mouth-hole is too small,and I miss the yellow and black symbol.There's too many round/curved parts,not enough straight edges.

The '89 suit is my fave,I love how the cape is attached so that when his arms are at his sides,it wraps around him.Less cape,more shroud.

well, i too liked the look of the cape over his shoulders because it makes him look more mysterious, but then again, if u think about it, it would really get in the way when he fights, and plus, IMO it makes him look rather skinny and whimpy because you cant see his shoulders. and as far as the ears, i liked them being curved, but they were still too short i thought, and if they were to be made bigger, then i think they shouldnt be curved cuz it wouldnt look right. and yes, like u said, if they did that, they would also have to make the mouth hole bigger too because it wouldnt look proportional. and i like the yellow-black symbol as well, but not as much as the new symbol in all black.

the film freak
11-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Rainbow Batman.

http://www.superdickery.com/images/other/141_4_0000182.jpg

Predator117
11-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Rainbow Batman.

http://www.superdickery.com/images/other/141_4_0000182.jpg
:eek: .................

Jaye
11-04-2006, 08:14 AM
looks like Robot Batman would deliver tv's

The Spirit
11-04-2006, 08:22 AM
I'd like a combo of the "Begins" suit with the "Dead End" suit. I like all the gadetry of the "Begins" suit but couldn't they just use a dark grey cloth for the suit part? I would love to see that, maybe in the next movie Batman could wear a more comic inspired suit since he would now be more well known and not as much of a mythic figure.

StrikeForce Albert
11-04-2006, 08:47 AM
West, complete with drawn on eyebrows

SilverBlade
11-04-2006, 10:59 AM
My favorite batsuit is the metallic batsuit which Azreal wore. I think by far that is the coolest suit.

shadow of a madman
11-04-2006, 08:36 PM
well, i too liked the look of the cape over his shoulders because it makes him look more mysterious, but then again, if u think about it, it would really get in the way when he fights, and plus, IMO it makes him look rather skinny and whimpy because you cant see his shoulders.

I dunno,I like him better when he doesn't even look human.The cape around the shoulders looks almost like a pair of wings wrapped around him.When the shoulders are visible,he looks more like a guy in a suit.

kel25
11-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Any one that has Batnipples. J/K :D

Seriously, I like the one from Batman Beyond the most.

the goddamn batman
11-05-2006, 01:47 AM
The classic Year One suit; black and grey.

Young Avenger
11-05-2006, 01:50 AM
Batman Beyond costume is my favorite.

Kara Zor El
11-05-2006, 07:05 AM
I like the blue and grey with yellow oval and micro belt. No treads on boots.
I'm fond of almost all the different suits and styles though, as different artists and colours and eras all make ccomics fun and not boring.
But you can't beat the classic Jim Aparro look.

Batman Dark Knight
11-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Comic: The Jim Lee look

Movie: The Batman Returns suit

pringlesman
11-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Grey and black, short ears, brown belt. No yellow oval.

Predator117
11-05-2006, 02:04 PM
I dunno,I like him better when he doesn't even look human.The cape around the shoulders looks almost like a pair of wings wrapped around him.When the shoulders are visible,he looks more like a guy in a suit.

yea, thats what i think too, but like i said, it would most likely get in the way when he fights and plus i dont see how with the Begin suit, that they could do that w/o it looking kinda awkward. cuz the bat insigna in BR & B89 like shaped with the cowl and the insigna on Begins doesnt really do that and thats the suit i prefer, so iont think its too necessary.

Predator117
11-05-2006, 02:06 PM
The classic Year One suit; black and grey.

yea i liked that one too for the comics, but it wasnt really armored or nething, it was just tights.

batturtle
11-07-2006, 12:51 AM
I really liked the total head - to - toe all black one that I believe he wore post - Knightfall. That one seemed to make more sense than grey with blue shorts for hiding amongst the shadows of the city. Not that comics really have a need to be drenched in realism mind you.

I remember a white / grey snow camoflouge one (from a Green Arrow crossover maybe?) that looked really cool. And the one from Batman vs. Predator was pretty bad-ass.

Buried Alien
11-07-2006, 01:32 AM
I really liked the total head - to - toe all black one that I believe he wore post - Knightfall.

That was a good one...and it actually managed to stick around for five years. I was sorry to see it go after NO MAN'S LAND wrapped up.

The Batman
11-07-2006, 02:38 AM
http://www.thebatsquad.net/_images/troika.jpg

Is this the suityou're thinking of? I thought that it didn't last much past the 'Troika' storyline that followed up Batman coming back after Dick Grayson filled in for him and eventually become a more subdued version of the traditional blue/grey suit minus the underwear.

That is a great look though.

Buried Alien
11-07-2006, 03:44 AM

Is this the suityou're thinking of? I thought that it didn't last much past the 'Troika' storyline that followed up Batman coming back after Dick Grayson filled in for him and eventually become a more subdued version of the traditional blue/grey suit minus the underwear.

That's the one, and it *was* this suit between the end of PRODIGAL (1995) and NO MAN'S LAND (2000) five years later. The problem was that not all artists were consistent with it. Some artists were very conscious of the darker suit and sleeker design and were mindful of it as they illustrated Batman; others were either unobservant or didn't care and drew Batman in the more traditional colors and designs.

Kaos
11-07-2006, 08:31 AM
comic - jim lee look is dope

movie - BEGINS, BABY!

phantom1592
11-07-2006, 01:50 PM
The classic Bronze Age blue and grey with yellow oval, especially as rendered by the late, great Jim Aparo.

That's the one I love.

The_DUKE_inc
11-07-2006, 02:58 PM

That is a great look though.

WOW that suit looks great...I really wish Batman would adopt the black colors. Blue is just not as scary! I'd love to see Jim Lee version of this darker suit.

phantom1592
11-07-2006, 03:03 PM
WOW that suit looks great...I really wish Batman would adopt the black colors. Blue is just not as scary! I'd love to see Jim Lee version of this darker suit.

The all solid color ended up being pretty boring on the page. What may have worked in the live-action movie, sucked in the books.

The Batman
11-07-2006, 09:46 PM
http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/batman/batman.wiz.jpg

This is the version of the costume that I was thinking of that was a darker version of the traditional blue/grey suit and didn't have the outside underwear.

If you go to the this page here (http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/batman/batman.html) you'll see other versions of the suit.

I really liked the 'Troika' look, especially the scallops on the boots, and think that they could totally make the movie look work in the comics if they tried. That being said, the costume Batman is wearing now is really awesome too.

Predator117
11-08-2006, 04:48 PM
my favorite comic Batsuit would probably have to be either The Long Halloween or No Mans Land. btw, no mans land didnt have man panties right?, cuz it was black.

The Batman
11-08-2006, 05:25 PM
I think that No Man's Land might've marked the return of the manties but I'm not sure.

What I wouldn't give to have my comic collection here with me....

jackups
11-12-2006, 06:10 AM
Begins I think Bale was in perfect shape,then the 89 suit was just dark

curefreak
11-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Bale was in great shape, unlike Micheal Keaton god bless him just doesnt have the physique when not in costume.

Predator117
11-12-2006, 07:18 AM
Bale was in great shape, unlike Micheal Keaton god bless him just doesnt have the physique when not in costume.

i think he looked good for the part too, i just think he coulda slimmed up slightly and gained more muscle tone. i looked at Bale with his shirt off and he has more of a 'buff' look which is good, but hes almost too big looking w/ not alot of muscle definition either, and iont like that. really, i would like him to stay about the same size, but lose a little more fat and gain more muscle mass and tone. that'd be awesome i think.

curefreak
11-12-2006, 07:20 AM
i think he looked good for the part too, i just think he coulda slimmed up slightly and gained more muscle tone. i looked at Bale with his shirt off and he has more of a 'buff' look which is good, but hes almost too big looking w/ not alot of muscle definition either, and iont like that. really, i would like him to stay about the same size, but lose a little more fat and gain more muscle mass and tone. that'd be awesome i think.i'm not sure there was a lot of fat on that body but im not an expert on those things.
but i think he looked pretty buff but not too buff if you know what i mean.

Predator117
11-12-2006, 09:35 AM
i'm not sure there was a lot of fat on that body but im not an expert on those things.
but i think he looked pretty buff but not too buff if you know what i mean.

yea, there wasnt alot of fat, i just wanted him to lose a little of what he had to make him look more muscle toned.

curefreak
11-12-2006, 09:39 AM
yea, there wasnt alot of fat, i just wanted him to lose a little of what he had to make him look more muscle toned.Well we only got like one or two shots of his naked chest and i was impressed.
i sure wouldn't mind having a body like that:)

Predator117
11-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Well we only got like one or two shots of his naked chest and i was impressed.
i sure wouldn't mind having a body like that:)

lol, that is true, me neither :cool:

Chad
11-12-2006, 10:04 AM
I like the blue and grey with yellow oval and micro belt. No treads on boots.
I'm fond of almost all the different suits and styles though, as different artists and colours and eras all make ccomics fun and not boring.
But you can't beat the classic Jim Aparro look.

I'll second this. Allowing for a little artistic licence, it still looked as if it would strike terror into the hearts of criminals at night, and yet if you needed it to look like a cool superhero costume in the light it still worked.

And I've never understood why people had a problem with the "underwear on the outside" look but had no problem with Batman replacing it with a pair of pantyhose.

curefreak
11-12-2006, 10:46 AM
I'll second this. Allowing for a little artistic licence, it still looked as if it would strike terror into the hearts of criminals at night, and yet if you needed it to look like a cool superhero costume in the light it still worked.

And I've never understood why people had a problem with the "underwear on the outside" look but had no problem with Batman replacing it with a pair of pantyhose.
Pantyhose?:confused:

Stranger With Candy
11-12-2006, 10:51 AM
1940s batman

Paul Dee
11-12-2006, 11:08 AM

That's why I was annoyed that the Batman Begins costume was so armoured and sculpted - it really took away all the work that Bale had done getting into shape. A Dead End-style costume would have been perfect for Bale, perhaps with some sort of kevlar underneath to make it believable.

Predator117
11-12-2006, 11:16 AM
That's why I was annoyed that the Batman Begins costume was so armoured and sculpted - it really took away all the work that Bale had done getting into shape. A Dead End-style costume would have been perfect for Bale, perhaps with some sort of kevlar underneath to make it believable.

no. the suit for the movie was a cast mold of Bale's body made out of latex rubber. it was sculpted to fit his body perfectly just as tights would, it was just armored and fireproof w/ a Nomex and kevlar biweave. also, tights with kevlar panels underneath wont allow real freedom of movement, as the Nomex survival suit did and also could protect u everywhere. i think the Batsuit off Batman Begins was just perfect IMO. like i said, i just wish he'd slim down a tad and beef up more.

curefreak
11-12-2006, 11:18 AM
no. the suit for the movie was a cast mold of Bale's body made out of latex rubber. it was sculpted to fit his body perfectly just as tights would, it was just armored and fireproof w/ a Nomex and kevlar biweave. also, tights with kevlar panels underneath wont allow real freedom of movement, as the Nomex survival suit did and also couldnt protect u everywhere. i think the Batsuit off Batman Begins was just perfect IMO. like i said, i just wish he'd slim down a tad and beef up more.
how can you slim down and beef up at the same time:confused:

Predator117
11-12-2006, 11:19 AM
how can you slim down and beef up at the same time:confused:

i meant: shed body fat, and build more muscle mass.

Paul Dee
11-12-2006, 11:30 AM
no. the suit for the movie was a cast mold of Bale's body made out of latex rubber. it was sculpted to fit his body perfectly just as tights would, it was just armored and fireproof w/ a Nomex and kevlar biweave..

But looking at it you can't tell it's been sculpted from his body though can you? It could just be a skinnier guy in padding in there for all we know.

Predator117
11-12-2006, 11:50 AM
But looking at it you can't tell it's been sculpted from his body though can you? It could just be a skinnier guy in padding in there for all we know.

i know what u mean, cuz ur used to seeing the fake muscle Keaton suits and such, but that really was a caste mold of Christian Bale's body. think of it as an armored wet suit. ;) which is basically what it is

The Batman
11-12-2006, 03:41 PM
The suit that Keaton wore was also created from a life cast of his body with the Batsuit elements sculpted onto that to create the mold from which the final suit would be made. The process for making Keaton's and Bale's suits were fairly similar, Bale's suit just had the benefit of newer materials and better technology. As for Keaton's physical build, part of Burton's approach to Batman was that he wouldn't necessarily be a huge, overly muscular guy but rather someone who was average looking and needed a big scary Batsuit to scare the piss out of criminals.

Keaton made a movie, I believe with Andy Garcia, where he played a psychotic prisoner who was the only donor available to save Garcia's son. Needless to say he used the operation as a means to escape and Garcia was tasked to hunt him down in time to save his son. For this role Keaton was required to bulk up and IIRC he did a pretty damn good job of it too.

Predator117
11-13-2006, 07:03 PM
:confused:

i thought Keatons suit had fake muscles?

Kara Zor El
11-14-2006, 01:05 PM
Pantyhose?:confused:

Stockings. Tights. Female things. Also good for robbing banks with over your face.

Paul Dee
11-14-2006, 01:50 PM
As for Keaton's physical build, part of Burton's approach to Batman was that he wouldn't necessarily be a huge, overly muscular guy but rather someone who was average looking and needed a big scary Batsuit to scare the piss out of criminals.

Exactly. That was the great thing about Keaton's Bruce Wayne - regardless of the wealth he just looked so ordinary that you'd never expect him to be Batman in a million years. Kilmer and Clooney (and to be honest, Bale) seemed to be too typically-heroic in the way they looked - old-fashioned handsome types.

i know what u mean, cuz ur used to seeing the fake muscle Keaton suits and such, but that really was a caste mold of Christian Bale's body. think of it as an armored wet suit. ;) which is basically what it is

Ultimately though, every batsuit is to be a mould of the actor isn't it? Just by the very nature of costume design. And therefore all this talk is moot - no-one will look at the Batman Begins suit and know it's a direct replica of his stature. I'd have just preferred it if Bale's suit took advantage of the physical trials he'd put himself through in preperation for the movie instead of just being another standard bat suit (even with the moveable neck etc it's not *that* different to the other movies and considering how close Batman Begins was to the comics I'm surprised that people are so accepting of that suit. Christ, listen to me - I sound as If I have it in for BB. I truly don't; I genuinely think it's an incredible portrayal of Batman)

All this talk of Keaton reminds me that I've had the Batman special Edition dvd for a few weeks now and have yet to watch it. I think I'll treat myself to the commentary tonight.

meethraa
11-14-2006, 02:44 PM
http://image.milehighcomics.com/istore/images/fullsize/07206180254.520.GIF

Agentum
11-15-2006, 02:29 AM
I like the one with the black little bat silhoette on.

Jettison
11-15-2006, 11:21 AM
http://www.cynical-c.com/archives/bloggraphics/072403_batman2.jpg

All the way!

And Sean Murphy has drawn probably my favorite version of Bats -

http://www.seangordonmurphy.com/images/comicart/Scarecrow_i02p33.jpg

gl247
11-17-2006, 06:39 AM
My all time favorite rendition would have to be from Batman: TAS, the black and grey one from the last season or two. It looked good and with the voice talent, it was the total package. Next would have to be Batman Begins. To me it was the most realistic. How so? Have you ever seen any of the the Popular Mechanics magazines where they profile advanced weapons and gear for the military? The BB suit looks very much like that. Another favorite is the suit Mignola did for Gotham By Gaslight. Visually, it's pretty cool. And I have to say Jim Lee's rocks. I really wish he would do another run on Batman.

Erisu Kimu
11-17-2006, 07:15 AM
I've always liked the original Bat costume that Thomas Wayne had. I'm not sure if that's qualified in this thread though.

I'll just have to go with the Bat costume that appeared in that "Batman: Dead End" short film. I like that costume the best.

Taskmaster
11-17-2006, 07:16 AM
Moviewise id have to say the Deadend suit is my favorite, how many Batman suits are there anyways between all the movies, cartoons and comics?

Kalel1701
11-17-2006, 07:59 AM

That is a great looking suit. I happen to like the batsuit that I saw in a graphic novel. The title escapes me but there was a Batman from the future who's cowl covered his entire face. It wasn't Batman Beyond but the look was sleek and awesome. I remember there were small bat symbols that seemed to hold the cape to the rest of the suit.

Chad
11-17-2006, 04:50 PM
That is a great looking suit. I happen to like the batsuit that I saw in a graphic novel. The title escapes me but there was a Batman from the future who's cowl covered his entire face. It wasn't Batman Beyond but the look was sleek and awesome. I remember there were small bat symbols that seemed to hold the cape to the rest of the suit.

It was probably the Batman from 1998's (?) DC 1,000 000 crossover.

SlightlyMad
11-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Did the yellow disc around the bat-symbol on his chest come in before the Adam West TV show or after?
Just curious, on the subject of costumes.

Either way, I prefer the without look:

http://portodoceu.terra.com.br/artesimbolismo/imagens/batman-08.jpg

Sleeper
11-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Big fan of the BATMAN FOREVER Batsuit. Then again, it could also have something to do with the look of Kilmer's chin and jawline that really does well to complete the suit look.

Cat-Scratched-Victim
11-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Did the yellow disc around the bat-symbol on his chest come in before the Adam West TV show or after?
Just curious, on the subject of costumes.

Either way, I prefer the without look:

http://portodoceu.terra.com.br/artesimbolismo/imagens/batman-08.jpg

The circle came about when DC and the producers of the show wanted to trade mark the batsymbol. A bat by it's self was not enough it seemed, so the circle came about.

The best live suit - Batman Begins

The best animated suit - The Batman

The best comic suit - the present version, I always liked the "just the bat" symboled costume.

MBBWAYNE
12-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Hey peeps, Mark again, My favorite Bat suit, if we are talking the movies has to be The Batman Begins 1 followed by Val Kilmers final batsuit. However if are talking Batman comic books, I'd say The Az-Bat version in Batman #500. I wish DC would dust off that version of the Batsuits and put it on Dick Grayson or an entirely new hero in the Batman mythos.