PDA

View Full Version : Gretel in Fables (spoilers I guess)

Ill Communication
10-23-2006, 09:27 AM
How can she be dead?

Hansel and Gretel is a pretty popular "fable", and as long as people tell their stories and what not, they can live indefinitely, correct?

So how could Hansel kill her?

YoGo
10-23-2006, 10:55 AM
We only hear a story about Hansel killing her. Doesn't mean she didn't put herself back together after he went back to the homelands.

Ill Communication
10-23-2006, 11:30 AM
I thought the implication was that she never did, thus Hansel's boot from Fabletown.

Sandoz
10-23-2006, 11:36 AM
I thought the implication was that she never did, thus Hansel's boot from Fabletown.
But the same issue mentions that it took "a long time" for Frau Totenkinder to come back from the dead. It's plausible that Gretel was eventually resurrected as the "Hansel and Gretel" fable spread in the Mundy world throughout the centuries. Since she was studying witchcraft, it's possible she used magic to hide her resurrection from the other Fables or protect herself from Hansel.

FanboyStranger
10-23-2006, 08:43 PM
But the same issue mentions that it took "a long time" for Frau Totenkinder to come back from the dead. It's plausible that Gretel was eventually resurrected as the "Hansel and Gretel" fable spread in the Mundy world throughout the centuries. Since she was studying witchcraft, it's possible she used magic to hide her resurrection from the other Fables or protect herself from Hansel.

I got that sense as well, especially since Ichabod Crane was so against having any close investigation of the incident. I'm betting that Gretel was placed into a type of "witness protection" program when the rumor spread that he had returned to the Homelands to aid the Adversary in eliminating unsanctioned witchcraft. She may even be one of Bigby's clandestine agents. I have a feeling she'll be returning to Fabletown soon to mess with Hansel.