PDA

View Full Version : The Creeper #3-Thoughts on this and previous issues

Tien Long
10-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Spoilers:

Ever since his appearance in the animated DC universe, I've been quite interested in the Creeper, and this latest mini- series is definitely a terrific read for any of his fans. This issue especially focused on the aspect that I love most of about the "lemon-skinned whacky man," the action. Justiniano truly shows how acrobatic and frenetic the Creeper can be, especially in his fight scene against Gavin. Liked the involvement of Batman, as well as the supporting cast on Ryder's show. Plus I like the little moments where regular people are caught off guard, whether it was last issue's camping scene, or Bats sneaking in on pair of coroners getting freaky in the evidence room.

I'm a little confused over the charaterization of the Creeper, though. At moments throughout the series, he geniunely seems to want to do good, but at the same time, he shows a sinister streak, constantly reminding Ryder he is the stronger of the two. Is he a good guy or bad guy? Also, even with the art and weirded out panels here and there, I'm still not feeling the craziness vibe. To me it just doesn't seem that the Creeper hasn't done or said anything crazy yet. Still, I'm looking forward to how the story will end, and can't wait for next issue.

iamhollywood
10-30-2006, 12:14 PM
I totally agree on the display of action in this issue. I was sort of hesitant to say whether or not I actually liked the first issue, but each issue seems to be progressively getting better. Justiniano's art was one of the high selling points for me in picking up this comic.

Another reason for my picking this up was that I loved Len Kaminsky's version of the Creeper, whose actions and words displayed that unique mix of humor and weirdness that isn't as strong in this new look at the Creeper. However, Steven Niles and Len have both hit on the fact that the Creeper and Jack Ryder are two unique individuals sharing a body, which leads to a bit of a tug of war between the two.

I believe that they both seem to be good at heart, but they both have different methods of doing it and they don't always see eye to eye.

All of these aspects combined make for a richer, more interesting character in my opinion and I sincerely hope that the Creeper can get a monthly series out of this.