PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mr. Bedard!

KirkFiege
10-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Admittedly I`m not familiar with your work Mr. Bedard... so, if you could recommend something specific, something you`re really proud of, what would it be?

I`m always interested in good stories.

Tony Bedard
10-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Hi, Kirk.

Sorry it took me a few days to respond -- busy, crazy couple of weeks.

Anyhow, I'd point you towards a couple of books I did for CrossGen Comics: NEGATION and ROUTE 666. I got to build them both from the ground up and remain quite proud of how they read. They're also pretty different from each other. NEGATION is a space opera and ROUTE is a horror book. Don't worry about not being familiar with the CrossGen universe, they should botn be pretty self-contained.

I'm also happy with a lot of the EXILES stories I did, particulalry with Paul Pelletier. The recent 2-parter with multiple Wolverines was fun.

I was pretty pleased with a miniseries I did called SPIDER-MAN: BREAKOUT!, which really focused more on the villains in the tale. Villiains are almost always more fun to write.

Please let me know what you think if you check out any of these!

Tony B.

KirkFiege
10-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Thanks for your time Mr.Bedard, I`ll check them out!

Dark Soul # 7
10-28-2006, 01:40 PM
I was pretty pleased with a miniseries I did called SPIDER-MAN: BREAKOUT!, which really focused more on the villains in the tale. Villiains are almost always more fun to write.I would just like to say that I love that mini. It was much more complex that I thought when I first heard of it.

Greatly written and all the characters where treated with respect and it made Crossfire into a new favorite villain for me.

So thanks for a brilliantly crafted story Mr.Bedard.

Mo S.
11-05-2006, 04:45 PM
While we're doing a Q & A - did I miss Retro Rocket #4 or did it get delayed? I enjoyed the first three very much, but I don't recall seeing the fourth, and I don't find mention of it online.

Tony Bedard
11-09-2006, 02:59 AM
RETRO #4 is not out yet. Artist Jason Orfalas is feverishly at work on it, but he does it all himself and doesn't see any pay for it, so...it's-a-comin'.

Seriously, it's mostly done. Hope to get it out by the end of the year.

Matt Adler
12-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Any update on Retro?

Tony Bedard
12-27-2006, 03:28 AM
Just got the last page of art in. Once it's lettered it's off to the printer.

Yikes! Jason and I never dreamed it would take this long. Tough lesson learned, and I'm incrediblysorry to keep anyone waiting!

Winslow
12-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Just got the last page of art in. Once it's lettered it's off to the printer.

Yikes! Jason and I never dreamed it would take this long. Tough lesson learned, and I'm incrediblysorry to keep anyone waiting!

Good to know . .I have the first three and am looking forward to the conclusion!