PDA

View Full Version : Pipeline #488 previews two archival hardcovers

Augie De Blieck Jr.
10-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Sometimes, it's so very easy to write a column. That's what happens when you're given REALLY GREAT material to work with. This week's column includes special advance reviews of

* THE COMPLETE CHESTER GOULD'S DICK TRACY, Volume 1 (due out in stores November 1)
* EC ARCHIVES: WEIRD SCIENCE, Volume 1 (I'm not sure when this is due out, but I don't think it's out yet)

And because I promised it last week, I'm going to squeeze in Oni's December release, MAINTENANCE #1.

All that, plus Erik Larsen on the podcast later that night. What a great week!

-Augie

pmpknface
10-16-2006, 06:02 AM
That EC book must be awesome. That's one of those books that's in the "if $ was no object" column.

Augie De Blieck Jr.
10-16-2006, 06:20 AM
Yeah, the format is a bit unfortunate. I'll say this, though -- start saving now for January's TWO-FISTED TALES. The artist lineup on that book is incredible -- Gene Colan, Harvey Kurtzman, Jack Davis, Wally Wood, Joe Kubert, and more. If there's one of these EC ARCHIVES to get, I think it'll be that one.

-Augie

torippu
10-17-2006, 03:59 PM
I still haven't watched HEROES, but I'm getting closer. I'll be the last comics fan alive to see the new TV series, but I will see it. This, I swear!
Augie, I can assure you that I will be the last comics fan to watch this series. With two young kids, house hunting, a job that has been busier than it ever has, books to read to educate myself & comic books to read for the pure fun of it, I don't have the free time required to dedicate myself to another TV show that needs to be closely followed. I'm not sure that I'll ever watch Heroes, but I'm sure that it'll go on my Netflix queue if and when Season 1 gets released on DVD.

Augie De Blieck Jr.
10-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Since the show has been picked up for the full season, I'd say a DVD of season one is a lock for next fall.

I've been cutting back on the amount of time I spend in front of the TV this season, too. I haven't watched this little in years. And I'm happier reading more books -- comics, computer, magazines, what have you -- and even playing a few videogames and programming a website than sitting in front of the TV.

We'll see how long this lasts.

-Augie, still recording HEROES, tho

pmpknface
10-18-2006, 05:07 AM
I've actually begun to chat about HEROES with a few co-workers. It's a really fun show and I can't believe they're getting away with some of the more graphic things here too.

Great stuff! Make sure you "netflick" it is you're waiting for the DVD! :D