PDA

View Full Version : Ads in Spidey Reprint in Sunday Papers?

Red Oak Kid
10-09-2006, 06:07 AM
When they first began putting these Spidey reprints in the Sunday paper a few weeks ago, there were about 4 or 5 full page ads in the comic.

However the most recent one I got yesterday Volume 8, had no ads except on the back cover which was an ad for this series.

I'm wondering if all the issues nationwide were the same, or if the ones in other cities had more ads.

I would think that the ads are the main reason this reprint exists, so if there are no ads, I don't see them continuing these reprints.

Rob Allen
10-10-2006, 06:32 PM
The first six issues were 16 pages total, with at least 3 full-page ads. Issues 7 and 8 have been 12 pages, with advertising only on the back cover. As you noticed, the ad was for the Spider-Man series itself. You're right, it doesn't look like a good sign.

I also wonder - with only 10 story pages per issue now, will they drop a page to get the 21-page Sandman story into two issues?

Sam T.
10-10-2006, 11:38 PM
When they first began putting these Spidey reprints in the Sunday paper a few weeks ago, there were about 4 or 5 full page ads in the comic.

However the most recent one I got yesterday Volume 8, had no ads except on the back cover which was an ad for this series.

I'm wondering if all the issues nationwide were the same, or if the ones in other cities had more ads.

I would think that the ads are the main reason this reprint exists, so if there are no ads, I don't see them continuing these reprints.

They are running through Dec. 17th. I have to say...it really makes me look forward to Sundays even more!!