PDA

View Full Version : What Is It Called!?!?

josyd
10-05-2006, 10:02 PM
i used to have a comic and i dont remember what it was called.. well it wasnt exactly a comic but kinda.. it was like a few comic like books that had almost every comic book character and their bios type thing... anyone have a clue what im talking about??

Aaron Kashtan
10-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Sounds like it could be either Who's Who in the DC Universe or the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe.

josyd
10-05-2006, 11:43 PM
no i looked at those just now it wasnt just one book it was a few and t wasnt just one comic universe it was all of them together

Simon Garth
10-06-2006, 02:07 AM
I had (might still have, somewhere) a book called something like "An encyclopaedia of comics", or "who's who in the comics" or something along those lines. It was a paperback, about an inch thick that contained an alphabetical list of an awful lot of comics and characters, from various companies.

josyd
10-06-2006, 08:44 PM
it wasnt one book.. it was a set of books, around the size of a graphic novel..
and there was one for each letter or a small set of letters.. there were quite a few... sorry im being so difficult :p

spoon_jenkins
10-06-2006, 08:50 PM
no i looked at those just now it wasnt just one book it was a few and t wasnt just one comic universe it was all of them together
Who's Who and OHOTMU weren't just one book. They were both series.

josyd
10-06-2006, 09:23 PM
i think i was wrong.. maybe it was OHOTMU .. im gonna see if i still have them at my moms tomorrow after work.. but i think it was ohotmu now.. (sorry :D)

swinebread
10-07-2006, 08:41 AM
i think i was wrong.. maybe it was OHOTMU .. im gonna see if i still have them at my moms tomorrow after work.. but i think it was ohotmu now.. (sorry :D)

The 1st 2 series of OHOTMU have been published as Essential Guides.

and DC Who's Who is coming soon as Showcase Presents

Cei-U!
10-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Was it The Encyclopedia of Super-Heroes by Jeff Rovin? That one fits your description.

EDIT: Oops. Read the rest of the thread. Never mind.

Cei-U!
I summon my library!