PDA

View Full Version : Permit me to complain for just a moment

Ill Communication
09-30-2006, 10:18 AM
1 ticket to the Falcon ... $13.

Final subtotal from Ticketmaster ... $26.

Ticketmaster charged me, in surcharges, the price of my ticket ... all because I couldn't go to the box office because I had to work.

:mad:

Stellar
09-30-2006, 11:01 AM
so let me get this straight....ticketmaster charged you the price of the ticket because you couldn't go to the box office? what do they usually charge?

DennyK
09-30-2006, 11:04 AM

Ticketmaster charged me, in surcharges, the price of my ticket ... all because I couldn't go to the box office because I had to work.

Did you at least get dinner first?

Stellar
09-30-2006, 11:06 AM
you got screwed, homeboy :D and there really isn't a lot you can do about it, it's just company policy

DonC
09-30-2006, 11:40 AM
so let me get this straight....ticketmaster charged you the price of the ticket because you couldn't go to the box office? what do they usually charge?

I just got tickets to Godsmack and Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Both had a Tickmaster fee and a credit card fee. Base price per ticket for Godsmack was $39.50; final price was $47.70. Base price per ticket for TSO was $35.50; final price was $42.35. It's no wonder Pearl Jam tried to stage their own tour, outisde the realm of Ticketmaster, a bunch of years ago.

I'll let somebody else bring up the scene in The Simpsons where Mr. Burns bought Ticketmaster joking, "No one believed me when I said people would pay a 100% service charge."

cactusmaac
09-30-2006, 11:47 AM
That's weird. Ticketmaster run a lot of ticket sites here in the UK, but they tend to charge £4 on a ticket that costs £25.

Ill Communication
09-30-2006, 01:01 PM

This is how it broke down:

ADULT Tickets US $12.00 x 1
Total Convenience Charge(s) US $5.75 x 1
Total Building Facility Charge(s) US $1.00 x 1
Additional Tax US $0.23
Order Processing Charge US $4.80
TicketFast US $2.50
TOTAL CHARGES US $26.28

I like how I have to pay $2.50 to have them email my ticket. That's pretty tight.

Ill Communication
09-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Did you at least get dinner first?

No, but I think I'm worth it though.

Buried Alien
09-30-2006, 03:18 PM
I think I finally understand why Pearl Jam was all over these guys back in the 90s.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

Deathstroke
09-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Reminds me of the line in some movie I saw a long time ago:

"The next time you're going to fuck me, kiss me first."

howyadoin
09-30-2006, 07:40 PM
I think I finally understand why Pearl Jam was all over these guys back in the 90s.I take it you haven't had many financial dealings with them yourself?

Voncaster
09-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Yeah Ticketmaster pretty much sucks.

String Cheese Incident also tried a PJ-style revolt against them as well I think...with a similar outcome.

Buried Alien
09-30-2006, 08:38 PM
I take it you haven't had many financial dealings with them yourself?

Not even once. I used to think that Pearl Jam was making a mountain out of a molehill against these guys, but apparently not.

scratchie
10-01-2006, 11:26 AM
I like how I have to pay $2.50 to have them email my ticket. That's pretty tight.Why would you pay extra to have them email you your ticket when you can have them mail it by post (or pick it up at the door) without paying any additional charge? Granted, you're still paying outrageous "convenience" charges, but I can't fathom the logic of paying an extra $2.50 to print the ticket on my paper with my toner.

howyadoin
10-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Why would you pay extra to have them email you your ticket when you can have them mail it by post (or pick it up at the door) without paying any additional charge? Granted, you're still paying outrageous "convenience" charges, but I can't fathom the logic of paying an extra $2.50 to print the ticket on my paper with my toner.Hear, hear. I always pick mine up at the door. Then there's no chance of my losing the tickets beforehand.

Stellar
10-01-2006, 02:31 PM
so i take it there's no alternative to ticketmaster?
down here whenever a show is held, tickets are sold at music stores and mostly the places that sponsor the event

howyadoin
10-01-2006, 03:58 PM
so i take it there's no alternative to ticketmaster?
down here whenever a show is held, tickets are sold at music stores and mostly the places that sponsor the eventAround here you can only buy tickets for shows at smaller venues that way. Anything big goes through Ticketmaster and Ticketmaster only.

But they don't have a monopoly.

clayholio
10-01-2006, 10:02 PM
I've had the 100% service fee a couple of times, but it was on much lower-priced tickets. Still, I was mighty pissed to pay $12 for something that was supposed to be $6. Grrr...

Buried Alien
10-02-2006, 02:22 AM
Never again will I say that Pearl Jam was tilting at windmills against Ticketmaster. I take back every time I said such a thing.

Ill Communication
10-02-2006, 04:48 AM
I suppose I could have got it mailed, but don't they even charge you for that?

KenK
10-02-2006, 08:25 AM

Wow, you got ass-reamed!

Shellhead
10-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Ticketmaster has been exploiting fans for many years. Back in the early 90's, I sometimes was outraged at all the fees they loaded on top of the basic ticket price.

I don't care anymore. The performers that I want to see these days usually aren't playing in the big arena shows, they're planning in small venues that don't deal with Ticketmaster. It's the best way to see most bands anyway, and the drink prices are more reasonable too. Anytime that you are paying more than $20 to see a show, ask yourself how many albums by that band you could buy for the money.