PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne McDuffie has a new reg. comic gig.

Kevinroc
09-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Marvel EIC Joe Quesada has confirmed that Marvel has hired Dwayne McDuffie to take over as the writer of Fantastic Four after JMS departs.

http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/NewJoeFridays15.html

While McDuffie will be writing a fractured FF for a time (The FF being split never lasts and we all know it), I think this was a great move on Marvel's part. This is a pretty high-profile assignment and I have high hopes for McDuffie's FF run.

Jeff Brady
09-29-2006, 07:15 PM
That's, well, FANTASTIC news! D.McD's a great writer. I hope it opens a few more doors for him.

Jack Zodiac
09-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Wow, this is great news. He gets to handle a very important team during a tumultuous time, and reintroduce the New Gods in Firestorm at around the same time. I'm glad he's getting some steady mainstream work.

the4thpip
09-30-2006, 01:38 AM
Wow! They hired one of the few people who can get me try F4 again. Dwayne is a HUGELY underrated talent.

lonesomefool
09-30-2006, 05:37 AM
I'm glad to see this move, while I'm not familiar with a lot of McDuffies comic work outside of some TV shows like JLA that I liked, I would say this is a good move. The reason being is if others are to be believed McDuffies style leans more traditional and old school if you will, more in the vain of Busiek and Waid than Bendis or Millar and while I like all 4 of those writers the only time I can really remember buying FF on a regular basis was Waid's "fun" FF so if McDuffie brings that back I will give the book a shot again.

Sadly for him he has to try and navigate with and around Civil War to begin his run.

Also a little disapointed Karl Kesel got passed over again for the regular FF gig.

siuntres
09-30-2006, 04:57 PM
very cool, his FF special with reed and Doom having the sit down dinne, was a great one shot.

Grazzt
09-30-2006, 05:08 PM
very cool, his FF special with reed and Doom having the sit down dinne, was a great one shot.

Was that the one where Reed and Doom play chess without a board, and at the end Reed gives Doom his mother's amulet?

That was pretty awesome.

siuntres
09-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Was that the one where Reed and Doom play chess without a board, and at the end Reed gives Doom his mother's amulet?

That was pretty awesome.

That's The One

heystacy
09-30-2006, 05:34 PM
This is great news. :cool: :)

Alix Harrower
09-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Marvel EIC Joe Quesada has confirmed that Marvel has hired Dwayne McDuffie to take over as the writer of Fantastic Four after JMS departs.

Excellent. If DC is too frakking stupid to put McDuffie on anything I'm glad Marvel has snatched him up.

Red Jack
09-30-2006, 09:36 PM
It's about damned time.

Jack Zodiac
10-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Excellent. If DC is too frakking stupid to put McDuffie on anything I'm glad Marvel has snatched him up.

DC's giving him Firestorm. He's double-gunning.

lonesomefool
10-01-2006, 07:16 AM
Isnt he only doing a fill-in on Firestorm though?

Gail Simone
10-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Bruce Timm said Dwayne McDuffie was the secret weapon on JLU and the big reason the stories were so good. He is INCREDIBLY under-rated, and this news is just a big delight. First time I'll be reading FF regularly since Waid, for sure.

Gail

Tommy
10-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Being the world's biggest Fantastic Four fan I am so excited! I am not sure what (if anything) could convince me to drop the title, but I must say the stories since Mark Waid left have not been as awesome as the team deserves.

TCJohnson
10-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Bruce Timm said Dwayne McDuffie was the secret weapon on JLU and the big reason the stories were so good. He is INCREDIBLY under-rated, and this news is just a big delight. First time I'll be reading FF regularly since Waid, for sure.

Gail

you can tell. Almost everything that Bruce Timm does is gold but when Dwayne McDuffie joined his staff things went platinum.