PDA

View Full Version : Are the people of Marvel trying to get rid of MJ so that they can promote Peter's sec

Sophisticated_Gamer
09-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Are the people of Marvel trying to get rid of MJ so that they can promote Peter's secret gay lifestyle?
What do you think?

Well I think you need to have some examples for your premise, but you do bring up an interesting point...
Gwen Stacy was killed by Spiderman however accidental. Could possibly be a subconscious attempt to bring out his other side.
Gwen Stacy, during her courtship with Peter, did run off and have an affair with the Green Goblin. Why else would somebody go to another person unless the person she was with was not giving her what she needed, emotionally and physically.
Spiderman was in "Those Amazing Friends" with his gay-friend Iceman.
Spiderman has shown a consistant ability not to be able to get close to females as witnessed by his failed romances...(Debra Whitman...Gwen Stacy...Black Cat..and apparently MJ).
Goes around in skin tight clothing...punching males with his fists..when that doesnt work he binds them with his webbing. Effectively leaving them helpless.
There may be others but I will have to think more on the subject.

Cody H
09-29-2006, 03:46 PM
..............nope.

jsg2295
09-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Well I think you need to have some examples for your premise, but you do bring up an interesting point...
Gwen Stacy was killed by Spiderman however accidental. Could possibly be a subconscious attempt to bring out his other side.
Gwen Stacy, during her courtship with Peter, did run off and have an affair with the Green Goblin. Why else would somebody go to another person unless the person she was with was not giving her what she needed, emotionally and physically.
Spiderman was in "Those Amazing Friends" with his gay-friend Iceman.
Spiderman has shown a consistant ability not to be able to get close to females as witnessed by his failed romances...(Debra Whitman...Gwen Stacy...Black Cat..and apparently MJ).
Goes around in skin tight clothing...punching males with his fists..when that doesnt work he binds them with his webbing. Effectively leaving them helpless.
There may be others but I will have to think more on the subject.

Deus ex Chris
09-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Plus, Black Cat is a total drag queen. You can't forget that.

Also, Spidey has a relationship with the biggest flamer in the Marvel U: the Human Torch

Sam T.
09-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Spider-man is not gay...not that there's anything wrong with that!!

Sam T.
09-29-2006, 03:57 PM
oh and black Cat is hott!!

jsg2295
09-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Plus, Black Cat is a total drag queen. You can't forget that.

Also, Spidey has a relationship with the biggest flamer in the Marvel U: the Human Torch
I did forget to mention the almost hypnotic quality of Tony Stark...it would help explain why Peter pulled off his mask in the first place...leaving his family in dire straits...revealing his identity to the world...Maybe he is tired of all the masks?....He could possibly have a crush on Tony.

Deus ex Chris
09-29-2006, 03:59 PM
I did forget to mention the almost hypnotic quality of Tony Stark...it would help explain why Peter pulled off his mask in the first place...leaving his family in dire straits...revealing his identity to the world...Maybe he is tired of all the masks?....He could possibly have a crush on Tony.
Totally. He's Tony's kept boy. There's nothing like a sugar daddy to make life easier.

dazzler_slave
09-29-2006, 04:00 PM
I think you all make some pretty convincing arguments. I mean Peter also seems to have this unhealthy worship of Tony Stark, arguably the sexiest man in the Marvel Universe. Could his feelings be a little stronger than admiration? I mean hell, he is already accepting gifts from the man. When a man buys you a brand new outfit, there are usually strings attached...especially an outfit as expensive as that new costume was!

Black Atom
09-29-2006, 04:01 PM
The real reason Peter didn't stop the burglar?

He was in love with him.

Sam T.
09-29-2006, 04:02 PM
If Spider-man were to go the gay way That might make me stop collecting comics all together!!

Sophisticated_Gamer
09-29-2006, 04:04 PM
If Spider-man were to go the gay way That might make me stop collecting comics all together!!

why...what's wrong with gay people?

Are you a homophobe?

jsg2295
09-29-2006, 04:05 PM
I dont understand that..he would still be Peter..just not tied down to ol MJ.
If the people at Marvel think MJ is not good for Spidey, what are we to say different?
Keep buying Spidey...He will still be the do-gooder we know...and this way he wont have any secrets!!

Mikl C
09-29-2006, 04:05 PM
He and Ben had a weird borderline incest thing going on.
And Johnny (aptly named) has always had the HOTS ;) for him.

Thank you.

Sam T.
09-29-2006, 04:06 PM
why...what's wrpng with gay people?

Are you a homophobe?

Hey your putting words in my mouth?? I didn't say it!

Deus ex Chris
09-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Hey your putting words in my mouth?? I didn't say it!
He was only asking a question, but if the shoe fits, Cinderella, don't be afraid to wear it.

jsg2295
09-29-2006, 04:10 PM
He and Ben had a weird borderline incest thing going on.
And Johnny (aptly named) has always had the HOTS ;) for him.

Thank you.
True...I forgot about that....Uncle Ben always liked to wrestle with little Peter.

Sam T.
09-29-2006, 04:12 PM
well Spider-Man is clearly hetro. No way has there ever been anything to suggest that he is gay!

Violently Apathetic
09-29-2006, 04:17 PM
well Spider-Man is clearly hetro. No way has there ever been anything to suggest that he is gay!

You're kidding, right?

Flaming Spider? (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Kagome654/TheNewAvengers10_01.jpg)

Okay, okay, that says more about Johnny than Peter, but still, he didn't seem unhappy with the idea.

Sam T.
09-29-2006, 04:23 PM
You're kidding, right?

Flaming Spider? (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Kagome654/TheNewAvengers10_01.jpg)

Okay, okay, that says more about Johnny than Peter, but still, he didn't seem unhappy with the idea.

That certanly doesn't prove anything!!

Sam T.
09-29-2006, 04:25 PM
He was only asking a question, but if the shoe fits, Cinderella, don't be afraid to wear it.

I've been married to a beautiful woman for 15 years so that shoe doesn't fit!:D

Black Atom
09-29-2006, 04:35 PM
I dont understand that..he would still be Peter..just not tied down to ol MJ.
If the people at Marvel think MJ is not good for Spidey, what are we to say different?
Keep buying Spidey...He will still be the do-gooder we know...and this way he wont have any secrets!!

No, he wouldn't be "same old Peter". He would be gay. Many people like Peter Parker and follow his adventures because they can relate to him. If he were gay, a lot of heterosexual readers wouldn't be able to relate to that aspect of his life, at least. Nothing homophobic about that. Plus, it would be a pretty significant and silly retcon.

Sam T.
09-29-2006, 04:37 PM
No, he wouldn't be "same old Peter". He would be gay. Many people like Peter Parker and follow his adventures because they can relate to him. If he were gay, a lot of heterosexual readers wouldn't be able to relate to that aspect of his life, at least. Nothing homophobic about that. Plus, it would be a pretty significant and silly retcon.

I'm so glad somebody understands!!

Alan2099
09-29-2006, 04:45 PM
yes. He's gay. Everybody's gay. Iceman's gay. Spider-man's gay. Puniosher's gay. EVERYBODY.

Thanos? Notice he can't finda single woman in the universe that intrests him.

Hulk? He's just acting out of sexual frustration.

Namor? Notice the complete lack of pants and the oiled up body.

Sentinels? giant pink and purple robots. Doesn't get much gayer than that.

Don't even get me started on how gay the ultimate Universe is. It's like one giant leather bar. Everybody's walking around in tight leather pants and the government seems to fully support this.

Deus ex Chris
09-29-2006, 04:50 PM
yes. He's gay. Everybody's gay. Iceman's gay. Spider-man's gay. Puniosher's gay. EVERYBODY.

Thanos? Notice he can't finda single woman in the universe that intrests him.

Hulk? He's just acting out of sexual frustration.

Namor? Notice the complete lack of pants and the oiled up body.

Sentinels? giant pink and purple robots. Doesn't get much gayer than that.

Don't even get me started on how gay the ultimate Universe is. It's like one giant leather bar. Everybody's walking around in tight leather pants and the government seems to fully support this.
Now, you're just being silly.

jsg2295
09-29-2006, 04:54 PM
As silly as the "Gwen Stacy having relations with the Green Goblin" silly?

Hey I am with you.

I think Peter is all man, not a speck of homosexuality in him. But sometimes you have to wonder with all the retcons and the way Peter is behaving lately.
How else can you explain Peter trusting Tony so much that he would put himself and his wife in unneccessary mortal danger.

Alan2099
09-29-2006, 04:54 PM
I didn't want to be left out.

Sean Whitmore
09-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Okay, that was fun for a little while. :D

Final word on the subject:

Spider-Man says he's not gay.
(http://www.unknown.net/images/gayspiderman.swf)

SEAN