PDA

View Full Version : Weird Al and Jim Lee's X-Men

Augie De Blieck Jr.
09-25-2006, 08:01 AM
See the X-Men's cameo appearance in Al's new "White and Nerdy" video:

http://prezwho.com/weird-al-white-and-nerdy

I'm still laughing at all the internet references in the song. I need to get out of the house more often, don't I?

-Augie

pmpknface
09-27-2006, 09:41 AM
OMG... he's still got it! That's hysterical!

torippu
09-27-2006, 09:45 AM
OMG... he's still got it! That's hysterical!
I actually saw this video on VH-1 yesterday. Yes, I know, I watch VH-1? Well, not really. But my TiVo is kind enough to record Fresh and Nocturnal Videos when there is room on the HD for suggestions.

I didn't watch very closely, but was he holding up the Jim Lee drawn Cap/Wolvie/Black Widow issue of Uncanny? That is still one of my all-time favorite issues and think that if I eventually get around to divesting myself of my X-Men collection that that is the only issue I plan on keeping.

Btw, I have no idea what song he was parodying, but it had my bro in-law laughing so the lyrics must have been funny!

pmpknface
09-27-2006, 09:50 AM
I
I didn't watch very closely, but was he holding up the Jim Lee drawn Cap/Wolvie/Black Widow issue of Uncanny? That is still one of my all-time favorite issues and think that if I eventually get around to divesting myself of my collection that that is the only issue I plan on keeping.

I just re-watched and paused it. YUP! That's the one! Good catch! :p

Augie De Blieck Jr.
09-27-2006, 10:29 AM
That would be a parody of "Ridin" by Chamillionaire featuring Krayzie Bone.

I only knew that because I had the liner notes with me at my desk.

-Augie

Loren
09-27-2006, 02:30 PM
I didn't watch very closely, but was he holding up the Jim Lee drawn Cap/Wolvie/Black Widow issue of Uncanny?

According to Wikipedia, the issues are 201, 210, 221 and 268 of Uncanny.