PDA

View Full Version : Colossus vs Wolverine

Dustin
08-12-2006, 02:26 AM
Modern day Colossus vs modern day Wolverine. Who would win this fight?

Your Imaginary Pal
08-12-2006, 03:10 AM
wolverine can come back from anything these days. Unless Colossus can manage to throw him into the sun, I think wolvie can best him in a bought of pugilism. If his claws can cut through anything, i think it's fair to say he could decapitate the tin man. He ought to be fast enough to do so. (I'm not calling him a speedster at all though, in case anyone thinks they can make that leap from my previous statement)

Captain Morgan
08-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Wolverine CAN'T slice through the big C man. He can barely scracth him. What would happen is Colossus would rip one of his arms off and beat him with it. Then Wolverine would grow a new arm, and have one claw be bone, and one be metal.

Dustin
08-12-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm pretty shure that Colossus would win this fight. He is made out of pure steel. Wolverine wouldn't be able to hurt him in anyway. Colossus would just have to use him as a punching bag to win.

Captain Morgan
08-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Colossus is stronger than steel I believe. He wins pretty easy. he curb stomps by dropping in Ultimate by beating Wolverine to death with Ironman.

Titan76
08-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Colossus is stronger than steel I believe.
Ugh... Colossus turns into steel so I don't see how he would be stronger then it, since its what he is.

And Wolverine has been able to slice Colossus with his claws though Colossus has always been shown to be able to take it so Colossus wins this.

Captain Morgan
08-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Ugh... Colossus turns into steel so I don't see how he would be stronger then it, since its what he is.

And Wolverine has been able to slice Colossus with his claws though Colossus has always been shown to be able to take it so Colossus wins this.

The fact that Colossus has recently taken punishment above and beyond mere steel. Also Wolverine has been shown recently to not be able to cut Colossus outside of mere scratches.

Dustin
08-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Would it pi$$ Colossus off if his steel body was scratched? Just wondering.

heretic
08-12-2006, 12:27 PM
If they are both serious? Logan has too much skill, speed, agility, and experience to not be a serious threat due to the claws, but Piotr only needs to connect solidly once.

Wolvie 7:10 (yeah the Russian's eyeballs can bounce a bullet, but getting sliced open....)

HTG

Captain Morgan
08-12-2006, 12:29 PM
If they are both serious? Logan has too much skill, speed, agility, and experience to not be a serious threat due to the claws, but Piotr only needs to connect solidly once.

Wolvie 7:10 (yeah the Russian's eyeballs can bounce a bullet, but getting sliced open....)

HTG

Except Wolverine can barely scatch Colossus. And then Colossus rips off his arms.

Dustin
08-12-2006, 12:33 PM

HTG
The claws wouldn't hurt Colossus though. They would only leave scratch marks.

heretic
08-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Except Wolverine can barely scatch Colossus. And then Colossus rips off his arms.
Note what I mentioned about eyeballs.

Cripple him by going for the weak points, then move in and out to deliver the death of the 1000 cuts. Logan's only real chance, but one that would be downright easy for him to do if concern for crippling his young friend is not a limiting factor.

HTG

Deadpooligan
08-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Oh yeah, since his unbreakable arms have ever been ripped off before.

Cmon, this is silly. Colossus isn't shielded by Adamantium, so he'd be cuttable (not easily). He will also naturally wear out before Wolverine (because of the healing factor).

We're talking about a guy who, last month, regenerated from nothing but a skeleton. Call it PIS, but he's done close to it in the past. He'd just keep cutting off Colossus's SKIN until he hits something vital.

Captain Morgan
08-12-2006, 12:40 PM
You can easily rip Wolverine's arms off with enough power. His joints are not unbreakable. An once Wolverine loses the Adamantium arms, even growing new ones won't help, as they would be bone.

Deadpooligan
08-12-2006, 12:41 PM
You can easily rip Wolverine's arms off with enough power. His joints are not unbreakable. An once Wolverine loses the Adamantium arms, even growing new ones won't help, as they would be bone.

You're thinking of Ultimate Wolverine. In 616, his only known vulnerability was his neck, which against Spider-Man was serious PIS.

Dustin
08-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Colossus would most likely rip him to shreds.

GrampaGen
08-12-2006, 12:44 PM
1. Colossus grabs Wolverine
2. Colossus throws him over the horizon
3. Win by ring-out

ocelotrevs
08-12-2006, 12:49 PM
wolverine can come back from anything these days. Unless Colossus can manage to throw him into the sun...
I think that it's accepted that Wolverine would survive a trip too the sun. As insane as that sounds.

Wolverine CAN'T slice through the big C man. He can barely scracth him. What would happen is Colossus would rip one of his arms off and beat him with it. Then Wolverine would grow a new arm, and have one claw be bone, and one be metal.
I could see a story like that actually being written.

Although Colossus' durable, I can't see him winning this fight. Wolverine knows Colossus' weaknesses, and would know about the eyes thing.
His best bet would be too jump on his back, and poke the eyes repeatedly.

Wolverine takes this.

Doom68
08-12-2006, 12:53 PM
have we ever seen these two actually go at it? ive seen wolvie scratch at collosus' steel hide before but got smacked around. now realisticly, he has that sword now that he says can kill even wolvie. so if he used the sword he (dependign on the exact enchantment) might be able to do some good harm.

but he is a cunning little bastard sometimes. he knows who to go head to head with and who to use alternate strategies. i wont count him out right away, but if it were a cage match...yah collosus. if in the woods or somthing i believe wolvie might could organize a win or 2. specially if that sword can cut pete. i give it to collosus 6-7 out of 10.

if full berzerker potential (and if written right) wolvie could probly pull off another win.

Captain Morgan
08-12-2006, 01:40 PM
Since when does Wolverine have adamantium joints? And what good does it do him if you can still rip his head off?

Sharkerbob
08-12-2006, 02:01 PM
I do have to agree, assuming you are super strong enough and can get your hands on him, all you got to do is grab an arm, pop it loose from its socket, then rip apart the fleshy muscle. Then beat him with it.

But Wolvie's regen is practically Deadpool level, so he'd probably just gorw another arm again.

And then the arm would grow another wolverine. And then the two wolvies would fight while Colossus walks off to do other things while th battle rages till the end of time.

The Immortal Watch Dog
08-12-2006, 02:27 PM
I do have to agree, assuming you are super strong enough and can get your hands on him, all you got to do is grab an arm, pop it loose from its socket, then rip apart the fleshy muscle. Then beat him with it.

But Wolvie's regen is practically Deadpool level, so he'd probably just gorw another arm again.

And then the arm would grow another wolverine. And then the two wolvies would fight while Colossus walks off to do other things while th battle rages till the end of time.

see the thing is he isent at deadpools level and i keep hearing this dip in the sun bull..you do know he was cosmic ash centered around an adamtnium skeleoton and phoenix pulled him back together and some mumbo jumbo bottom line it..he didnt heal from that ewith out help from a cosmic force of destruction

people always ignore that and its anoying

now onto the fight the organic metal man...v.s the man with metal around his organs hmm..wolvie expirence speed and skill are a btich to counter and if he is really smart he downs the big russian-how ever if wolvie runs into this mirthfully and goes apeshit then..collosus might be able to take it

Dustin
08-12-2006, 02:33 PM
1. Colossus grabs Wolverine
2. Colossus throws him over the horizon
3. Win by ring-out
Yes that sounds reasonable enough.:p

didi0001
07-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Because itís Adamantium, can it cut anything? Yes.
Can Wolverine damage Colossus? Yes.
Is Wolverine strong enough for his claws to really hurt Colossus? No.

To win against a powerhouse like Colossus, Hulk or Juggernaut, Loganís only chance is to go for the throat, lungs, etcÖ
The hulk explained that one time.
Just having indestructible claws isnít enough. You must be strong enough to do real damage.
Like Cpt. Americas shield. If C. America throws it against the Hulk for example, nothing happens.
But, letís say the Juggernaut throws Cpt Americaís shield against the Hulk: it may just cut his head off.
Same goes with Loganís claw. He just isnít strong enough to do real damage against these PowerHouses.

On the other hand. All they have to do is get hold of Logan once to imobilize him.
After that, there are many ways to finish him:
1) Punch the head until he gets brain damage.
2) Drown him in the water, since all of them can survive without breathing.
3) Pull his head off.
4) Burn him to his bones, since any fire will hurt only Wolverine.
5) Throw him in Vulcano.
6) Throw him into space.
7) Crush his throat, so he canít breath.
8) Or just extract his heart, because all of them are strong enough to do that with there bare hands.

And Colossus donít blead. So, even with Wolverine is fast enough to avoid Colossus and cut his throat, I donít think thatís a big problem.

didi0001
07-30-2009, 08:05 PM
wolverine can come back from anything these days. Unless Colossus can manage to throw him into the sun, I think wolvie can best him in a bought of pugilism. If his claws can cut through anything, i think it's fair to say he could decapitate the tin man. He ought to be fast enough to do so. (I'm not calling him a speedster at all though, in case anyone thinks they can make that leap from my previous statement)

Logan isn't strong enough to cut Pete's head off.

T51R
07-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Colossus is stronger than steel I believe. He wins pretty easy. he curb stomps by dropping in Ultimate by beating Wolverine to death with Ironman.

IIRC Collosus is made out of a weird organic steel, which has properties that haven't been totally explored yet. The only thing that's actually been able to hurt him IIRC was X-Cutioner's Shi'ar Psilance, which messed up his spine badly.

Xanrn
07-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Where does this thing about 616 Colossues Eyes being vunerable come from?

The only time I have ever seen anything like that mentioned was Ultimate Colossus.

616 Colossus is pretty much a solid organic steel golem containing his mind.

World War Hulk couldn't ko him and had to resort to bending and note he bent his arms he didn't break them.

10/10 Colossus as he simple shreds Logan to get a 10 count.

Your talking about a guy who can strip the flesh from Logans bones as easy as you could strip the food from a kebab stick.

Could gut him as easy as you could push your hand into a big mound of jello and pull out a handful.

jadehorde
07-30-2009, 08:26 PM

Colossus is made of some type of osmium steel. It is canonically far stronger than normal steels.

marshal99
07-30-2009, 09:17 PM
They fought in x-men annual 6 when Dracula mind controlled wolverine and used him against colossus. Wolverine didn't really do much damage to colossus with his claws , created sparks and hurt him but no real damage to his organic steel form.

Fanart
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs40/300W/f/2009/004/b/1/Wolverine_and_Colossus_page_3_by_BrenGun.jpg

aut0matic
07-31-2009, 05:19 AM
World War Hulk couldn't ko him and had to resort to bending and note he bent his arms he didn't break them.

that's really bending the truth, there. i don't think anyone doubts hulk could have knocked colossus out at any time, but what was the point after he could no longer fight? hulk could have twisted him into a pretzel and then hurled him into the sun, but hulk applauded his bravery for standing up to him.

as for the fight, i'd say colossus 10/10. i've never seen colossus to have vulnerable eyes, i'd like to see a scan.

fudgekp
07-31-2009, 05:23 AM
Someone will have to clarify this, as I'm not an X reader, but I'm pretty sure his weakest area, his eyes, could deflect shots from a magnum....not sure.

Anyway, Colossus isn't just made of steel. If you go by Whedon's Colossus...

He...

...is made....

...OF RAGE!

Powerboy
07-31-2009, 06:13 AM

Depends. Godverine should win and my personal opinion is that disqualifying Godverine or giving him a different name to justify it really just evades the highest feats factor. I know its not consistent but the Godverine stuff has apparently happened enough that it certainly isn't outlier.

Obviously, minus the highest Godverine feats, Wolverine loses.

spiderwire
07-31-2009, 06:21 AM
Wolverine has been trying to toughen up Colossus for 35 years. Without a bloodlust or killer instinct I don't see him beating Wolverine. A great What If story would be What IF Weapon X recruited Colossus? With Weapon X upgrades he could've been just as deadly Wolverine or Omega Red.

jadehorde
07-31-2009, 03:15 PM
that's really bending the truth, there. i don't think anyone doubts hulk could have knocked colossus out at any time, but what was the point after he could no longer fight? hulk could have twisted him into a pretzel and then hurled him into the sun, but hulk applauded his bravery for standing up to him.

as for the fight, i'd say colossus 10/10. i've never seen colossus to have vulnerable eyes, i'd like to see a scan.

Yeah the guy has no organs to speak of.

heretic
08-02-2009, 05:42 AM
Where does this thing about 616 Colossues Eyes being vunerable come from?

The only time I have ever seen anything like that mentioned was Ultimate Colossus.

616 Colossus is pretty much a solid organic steel golem containing his mind.IIRC dangerous attacks have affected his eyes. Admittedly for values of dangerous that mean high-caliber bullets causing pain but no permanent damage, but they remain the weakest external part.

HTG

Sharpandpointies
08-02-2009, 05:54 AM
Donald Pierce blinded him for a second by sticking the broken end of a short-circuited cybernetic limb in his face (it was shooting sparks).

Whirlwind Dinamo
08-02-2009, 06:07 AM

Colossus cannot become partially or selectively armored; his body is either entirely converted, or not at all. Even his eyes become steel-like.
http://marvel.com/universe/Colossus_(Piotr_Rasputin)

Superhuman Stamina powers to produce considerably less fatigue toxins than the musculature of a normal human. At his peak, he can physically exert himself at peak capacity for several days before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.

Superhuman Durability powers of withstanding ballistic penetration, including that of a 110 millimeter Howitzer shell. More than enough power to brush off an eagle or some axes. He can survive extremes of temperature from 70 degrees above absolute zero (-390 degrees Fahrenheit) to approximately 9000 degrees Fahrenheit. He could survive a collision with a loaded, one-ton flatbed truck at 100 miles per hour or an explosion of 450 pounds of TNT. He can go without food, water, or air for many days while transformed, though he would eventually require sustenance.
http://x-men.wikia.com/wiki/Colossus