PDA

View Full Version : Kraven's Last Hunt Premiere HC

Iron Syndicate
07-13-2006, 08:19 AM
http://comics.ign.com/articles/718/718246p1.html

This is great news - as I've been dying to read this run, and now they're practically handing it to me... with EXTRAS!

I'm happy...

Mister Mets
07-13-2006, 08:27 AM
I happily ordered it from dcbs, before I knew about the complete extras.

Some future Spider-Man Hardcovers I'd like to see...
Spider-Man: Return of the Burglar
Amazing Spider-Man #193-200. Marv Wolfman's eight issue epic included some important Spider-Man stories including the first appearance of the Black Cat, Peter believing his Aunt May died, the final Kingpin story before Frank Miller made him a Daredevil villain, the return of Mysterio (after an absence of 140 issues), and Spider-Man's rematch with the Burglar/ discovery of the real reason Uncle Ben died.

Spider-Man: The Best of Todd Mcfarlane
A collection of six or so Todd Mcfarlane drawn Spider-Man issues. Some possibilities include 300 (the first and best Venom story), 312 (Green Goblin VS Hobgoblin), 314 (the Christmas special) and 318-319 (Scorpion VS Rhino & Blacklash.) There's no need to reprint the second Venom tale as it was included in Wizard's Best of Spider-Man Hardcover.

Sean Whitmore
07-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Very neat. Almost makes me wish I didn't have the originals and the TPB.

SEAN

Iron Syndicate
07-14-2006, 07:21 AM
Very neat. Almost makes me wish I didn't have the originals and the TPB.

SEAN

That wouldn't have stopped me... have you seen those amaing penciled pages they're throwing in there?

Steffen
07-14-2006, 07:00 PM
I have the originals, but I'm still buying this edition. It's one of my favourite Spidey stories, and Zeck's pencils look amazing with the new colouring. I wish Zeck would do some more work for Marvel these days.

DWEarhart
07-14-2006, 07:08 PM
I have the originals, but I'm still buying this edition. It's one of my favourite Spidey stories, and Zeck's pencils look amazing with the new colouring. I wish Zeck would do some more work for Marvel these days.

Zeck is a grand penciller. I have the HC he did with Neil Gaiman for Dark Horse, the art was outstanding.

I have the original issues and the original tpb for Kraven's Last Hunt, but this newest edition seems worthy of adding to the collection.

I'm looking forward to the Punisher one as well.

justanotherfan89
07-15-2006, 09:50 PM
I have never read this, but I have heard it is great. How long ago was this arc first published?

Steffen
07-16-2006, 04:06 AM
Zeck is a grand penciller. I have the HC he did with Neil Gaiman for Dark Horse, the art was outstanding.

I have the original issues and the original tpb for Kraven's Last Hunt, but this newest edition seems worthy of adding to the collection.

I'm looking forward to the Punisher one as well.

I am DEFINITELY getting the Circle of Blood one too when it comes out, thanks for reminding me man! Hey DW< what Dark Horse book is that? I might go see if I get it on Amazon or something.

And for JustAnotherFan: the orignal story came out in the 80s.

Ravenheart
07-16-2006, 05:35 AM
One of the best Spider-Man storylines of all time.I have the original issues and the TPB but I have a feeling that I'll be picking this up when it comes out.

Venom
07-16-2006, 07:02 AM
I'll be honest. I never did take Kraven seriously; I always thought he was a comedy villian. Every time he made an appearance in a Spider-Man comic I'd just laugh saying "Oh Look it's that plonker Kraven; what's he going to do to make himself look like a prat this time thinking he'll succed in his so called hunt for the Spider." All that changed when I read "Kraven's Last Hunt" a few months ago. He's still one of my least favourite Spider-Man villians, but after reading that story it earned me quite a bit of respect for Kraven. This is definitely one of the best ever Spider-Man stories that I've ever read.

Aziz Abbasi
07-27-2008, 04:50 AM
Zeck's pencils look amazing with the new colouring..Right my friend.
The coloring credit says: Janet Jackson. Michael Jackson's sister?

dcarner
07-27-2008, 05:38 AM
this story happened before superman died or batman had his back broke. For a few weeks when it came out no really wondered if he was dead or not. That story made me go from a casual spidey fan to one who had to have everything he was in.

matthewaos
07-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Every Spider-Man fan or comic book fan in general who respects him self has to own this story. Nuff said.

Billy Parker
07-28-2008, 09:35 PM
This falls into the "Watchmen" "Dark Knight" "Kraven's Last Hunt" category. It feels like Watchmen and Dark Knight are so well loved only because they are so accessible through RE-PRINT.

I love "Kraven's Last Hunt" don't get me wrong. But like WatchM and DK, can we just forget them and move on?! I'm surprised that people still talk about these comics they are just good, not great. (Personally, I hate Watchmen)