PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine Movie

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Guy1
12-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Seeing Blob smack Wolvie around for a little while was amusing.

maczero
12-30-2009, 07:16 AM
I said it before, but a young Xavier should have brain wiped Wolverine. It would give their meeting in X-Men more layers with Xavier being the dude that put the blocks in place and he doesn't want Wolverine to remember he did it.Why?

*I hate character limits.*

Mac Danny
12-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Why?

*I hate character limits.*

Why would it add more layers? Why would he do it? Why does falling toast always land butter side down?

You've got ten characters man! explain yourself!

Nate Grey
12-30-2009, 09:59 AM
But it would be the equivalent of Xavier playing judge jury and in a sense executioner to someone he just met. And where would it stop? "Hmmm...this guy beside me has done even more bad things than Wolverine! Mind wipe for him as well." He can't play god like that.

Mac Danny
12-30-2009, 11:12 AM
But it would be the equivalent of Xavier playing judge jury and in a sense executioner to someone he just met. And where would it stop? "Hmmm...this guy beside me has done even more bad things than Wolverine! Mind wipe for him as well." He can't play god like that.

He can, because who would remember.

I think it is more fun when a telepaths motives are less than altruistic. Because they can make you think whatever they want, why would you not be kind of a dick?

More Ultimate that 616 I guess..

Karl Cook
12-30-2009, 11:17 AM
weird. all i liked was the first brief scene with Wade Wilson and his swords.

Co-signed. The rest was a waste of time.

Cerebro
01-02-2010, 12:24 AM
This movie totally didn't connect with the first three X-Men movies.

-For some reason Sabertooth grew his hair out and started acting dumb and didn't remember Logan.
-Logan's flashbacks in X2 are nothing like his adamantium operation in this film.
-They bring in all these new characters that were in the comics, like Emma Frost and Gambit, what was the point if you know those guys aren't going to come back in the three X-movies.
-Shouldn't of Lady Deathstrike been in this? She was in X2.
-Not sure if this is true, but some people say that Alkali Lake looks way too different in Wolverine origins than it does in X2, and not just because of the snow.

There's more, I'm just forgetting them.

Besides all that, this film is really underrated.

Ratstar
01-02-2010, 02:23 AM
Besides all that, this film is really underrated.
Uh, what? It was atrocious.
36 on RT/ 43 on metacritic doesn't sound underrated.

Cerebro
01-02-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't know of any other flaws that could lower this from my score of 4 out of 5 stars. the last giant fight scene was directed well, and actually made sense, because it set up the Deadpool movie because it got Wade all beat up and ugly like he is supposed to be.

Danvh3
01-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Wait... they made a Wolverine movie? When was this? I don't remember any Wolverine movie.

Ratstar
01-02-2010, 11:40 AM
I don't know of any other flaws that could lower this from my score of 4 out of 5 stars. the last giant fight scene was directed well, and actually made sense, because it set up the Deadpool movie because it got Wade all beat up and ugly like he is supposed to be.

Bad script
Bad acting
Bad direction
Stock scenes
Over use of special effects

Cerebro
01-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Bad script
Bad acting
Bad direction
Stock scenes
Over use of special effects

For a couple of the action scenes it was directed not that well yes, but not the whole movie.

For over use of special effects, yeah probably.

Bad acting, what? No.

Also, on thing I would like to say about this movie is that they should of casted someone else as Gambit or made him speak his a little louder normal awesome Cajuness.

DKR
01-02-2010, 03:56 PM
-For some reason Sabertooth grew his hair out and started acting dumb and didn't remember Logan.
-Logan's flashbacks in X2 are nothing like his adamantium operation in this film.
-They bring in all these new characters that were in the comics, like Emma Frost and Gambit, what was the point if you know those guys aren't going to come back in the three X-movies.
-Shouldn't of Lady Deathstrike been in this? She was in X2.
-Not sure if this is true, but some people say that Alkali Lake looks way too different in Wolverine origins than it does in X2, and not just because of the snow.

-There's no reason he couldn't have grown his hair out, and maybe he just didn't feel like talking to his brother.
-We have to remember that Logan has suffered alot of brain trauma in his life so even his own flashbacks can't be trustworthy.
-Maybe in the 3 X movies they're doing other stuff.
-Stryker probably met her later on.
-I don't think it should matter.

Cerebro
01-02-2010, 10:14 PM
-There's no reason he couldn't have grown his hair out, and maybe he just didn't feel like talking to his brother.
Yeah except he's acting like a fucking dumbass in X-Men 1, totally not like his character in Wolverine, and by the way, yes he would say hi to his brother.

-We have to remember that Logan has suffered alot of brain trauma in his life so even his own flashbacks can't be trustworthy.
Yeah but why would he see Generals (that weren't in Wolverine Origins).

-Maybe in the 3 X movies they're doing other stuff.
But if you think about these movies taking place where they are in the comics, Gambit and Emma Frost are main characters, and the fact that they weren't there in the movies is okay, but then why did they bother putting them in Wolverine Origins? So their gonna die in First Class? Im sorry that goes way too far when it comes to not following the comics.

-Stryker probably met her later on.
Its not really a big gripe I had, it just doesn't follow the comics I believe.. ? Right? Maybe not.. You know her being around then with Stryker?

-I don't think it should matter.
It does matter, its a huge flaw in this continuity. By now I am going to say this: "Did the director watch X2 ?!!!!!!!!!"

DKR
01-03-2010, 03:01 PM
But if you think about these movies taking place where they are in the comics, Gambit and Emma Frost are main characters, and the fact that they weren't there in the movies is okay, but then why did they bother putting them in Wolverine Origins? So their gonna die in First Class? Im sorry that goes way too far when it comes to not following the comics.

It does matter, its a huge flaw in this continuity. By now I am going to say this: "Did the director watch X2 ?!!!!!!!!!"

They probably just weren't there. People are allowed to leave the Institute to do their own thing you know.

When it comes to location, I don't think the general public really cares about this.